Is Your Social Security Payment Amount Wrong?


What happens when you get your Social Security check or paperwork, and find there’s an error?

Specifically, imagine the most serious type of error. What if your Social Security payment amount is wrong? Luckily, as explained here, you can appeal this potential mistake.

You have 60 days to do so, and the process can be completed online or by mail. It’s important to remember that mistakes do happen, especially in a bureaucracy of this size. But the error can also come from either side of the equation.

While the Social Security Administration can make oversights, payment amounts are based on your income. If this hasn’t been reported correctly, the inaccuracies may carry over into your retirement.

For more helpful Social Security content, follow our page so you never miss a post.


About the author

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *